In Puerto Rico, at every party or event, sandwichitos de mezcla are a must! There are different ways to make them, and this is my version.
1 can luncheon meat (such as Spam, store brand is better)
1 jar Cheese spread (such as Cheez-Whiz)
1/4 medium onion diced
2 tablespoons fresh green bell pepper
1 tablespoon roasted red pepper
1 cup mayo
Hot sauce to taste
1 lb of white sandwich bread (it needs a flat top, not the dome-style bread)
1. Cut up the luncheon meat in cubes and place in food processor (if you don’t have a processor, you can use a blender) with the onions, peppers and olives and process till incorporated.
2. Add the cheese spread and process till smooth.
3. In between pulses, scrape down the sides of the processor.
4. After the mixture is smooth, add the mayo and the hot sauce to taste and mix again till incorporated and set aside.
5. Using a serrated knife or an electric knife fitted with the bread blade, cut the crusts off of the bread.
6. Spoon about 1 tablespoon or to your liking of the mix on to the bread and cut in triangles.
Watch me make the sandwichitos de mezcla here and it’s bilingual! http://youtu.be/Bd7QRhSXoso
Like my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/SweetsandBeyond
Subscribe to my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/sweetsandbeyond